ECOM Engineering has provided complete electrical engineering, telecommunications and low voltage designs for both new and remodel projects in the fields of Healthcare, Municipal projects, Schools, Correctional facilities, as well as many private organizations.
- Electrical Engineering Design & Evaluation
- Emergency Generator Backup & UPS Systems
- Lighting Design and Management Systems
- Security/Access Control
- Video Surveillance
- Fire Alarm & Life Safety
- Communication & Control Technologies
- Telecommunication Engineering & Design
- Pre-Design Services
- OSHPD Compliance
- Power Quality Testing & Evaluation
- Energy Auditing
- Master Planning/Due Diligence Studies
- Peer Review
- Photovoltaic Engineering & Design
- Commissioning Services
- LEED Accredited Professional on Staff
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers on Staff
- 3D Modeling
ECOM Engineering, Inc., is presently operating under a multi-level “Quality Assurance” program based upon the following:
- A Project is reviewed upfront, based upon ECOM current work loads by our engineering staff. Using a long term
scheduling approach, we determine the available resources to actively manage and design the project.
- Specific staff is assigned to the project from “Cradle to Grave”, in order to assure project continuity and
proper hours budgeted.
- To insure quality in our projects, we have developed a master specification, following
the CSI format. This provides consistent products and performance requirements for the designed electrical systems.
- Projects are formally reviewed in house by Principals, to ensure consistency with the documents details, diagrams
and other engineering criteria.
- Complete coordination reviews are performed with the entire A/E team, by using progress coordination sets for all
disciplines, to insure good coordination amongst the trades.
- All documents developed by ECOM provide consistent legends, diagrams and details to provide current codes, requirements
- We routinely promote manufacture updates, in order to stay abreast of the available technologies and products,
which provides the best available technologies available incorporated into our design.
- Our staff actively participates in continuing education activities, in order to maintain several of our professional
licenses and certifications.
- Our design philosophy is based on providing the building adequate spare capacities, energy efficiencies, energy
conservation, sustainability, maintenance costs, operational considerations, reliability of materials and ability to
update at minimum costs and disruptions.
- The owner’s direct contribution to the overall design vision is incorporated early in the design phase and
throughout the project.
- A “Single Point of Contact”, project manager is assigned to each project for the life of the project. This
provides continuity in communication and design efforts.